Sunday, June 30, 2019

Monday, 24 June 2019 ~ Week #100

Hey everybody!

How is everybody doing? Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to see you all in just 17 days! Nonetheless, don't worry about me being trunky! Thankfully I am not feeling the trunky as hard as other companions of mine, hahaha.

This was actually a very different week. We are starting to see miracles poco a poco here in reopened Lomas del Norte. The Lord has put many referrals, those from members of the Church and those from His own hand, in our path, and we have been getting to know them all. We were blessed with a mission leader just yesterday, and we spent the entire afternoon with him, finding lots of success. We brought Pablo to church, who hadn't gone since he was a little child, and because of this was never baptized, and he already has many friends in mutual and seminary. Gustavo came to Church this Sunday, but we are helping his sister Ana to come too, and not only this but also help her to have faith that everything will go well in the university, and also to help her children study and focus so that she would allow them to go to Church too. She has good principles; she just needs to have faith in Christ, and let this influence her priorities.

Other things that happened: Everything is going super chill with my companion. We made a cake for the ward council this week and they really liked it. We just wanted to show our love for them and our appreciation for their service. I've been helping my companion Elder Lopez to cook and now he's learning a good lot, even though I am amateur at best when it comes to cooking. I am loving the mission. :)  

It's been very interesting overall, this whole process. It makes me reflect that we truly, truly, truly cannot do this work alone in this ward. When the investigators have friends from the Church who minister to them, they retain their sincere interest to learn, regardless of their economic circumstances, and regardless of whether or not we could visit them regularly or not. Truly the Lord is working through His servants, and taking care of His children. And it humbles me that only little of my work is part of the great work that He does for them.

In spite of this, I feel like I am needed in every moment, and because of this I continue every now and then to talk with the people in our path. I feel like the testimony that I have of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ can be what perhaps anyone around me need to keep them going in life, and to be a guide in a world of confusion and many difficult decisions. I wish that all could hear, but unfortunately the hard hearts will not hear. Regardless, I will keep sharing with my Father's children, and I will seek His direction as I walk and as I talk about His children so that He may bless them through my ministry. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that it is by Him that people are changed. I know this because of the change He has brought about in me. In these things is where my joy is found. And as I think about the work that my fellow missionaries do in my mission, as well as my friends in other missions, my joy enlarges, because I know that they are experiencing these same miracles, for themselves and in the lives of those they teach. What a glorious work!

I know that this is Christ's Church. I have a firm testimony in the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, and in the inspiration of His prophets and apostles in the present day. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Have a wonderful week, my friends and my kindred!

Your friend and servant,
Elder Dredge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, 8 July 2019 ~ Week #102

HELLO EVERYONE!!!! This is officially the last weekly epistle that I will send on my mission! Let me just offer you all a look and how m...