Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Monday, 8 July 2019 ~ Week #102

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!

This is officially the last weekly epistle that I will send on my mission! Let me just offer you all a look and how my last week went and what my feelings are.

There was, unfortunately, no baptism this last week. Gustavo will make the decision later, and so we had to drop him. Despite this, he will still be going to Church and activities. He loves the Church, really; it's just a lot of pressure that he does not feel ready for. We have encouraged him to make the decision, and explained all of the blessings, but we never made the decision for him.

We got to know a new family which was a referral from another ward. They received us extremely well and had a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, baptism, and the Holy Ghost. The young man, Ruben, already has been going to seminary and to Church for a while in that other ward, so all we need to do is help him gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon and introduce him to the folks in Lomas del Norte. He is so ready.

There was also a man who lives close who told us about his experience reading the Bible, and he expressed his frustration with not feeling like he was changing as a person. We asked him, "Do you desire to know?" He affirmed so. "And in that way we ingeniously committed him." We explained to him the first principles of the Gospel, and it made sense for him. He went to Church yesterday, with his own Come, Follow Me manual. He is already becoming converted.

And thankfully, this area will stay open!!! It has miracles just waiting to come along the way!

I am so, so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the opportunity to serve Him and His children in Guatemala for these last 2 years. I cannot begin to express how I feel. I am so grateful to be able to say that the things that I have shared with the people here have helped them change their lives. I have seen families united, hope and faith inspired, relationships between father and son, mother and son, husband and wife strengthened, all because of the things that I have testified to them. All the credit goes to the Savior.

I know that the Savior lives, and that He knows me personally. I know that He loves His children. I know that this Gospel is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. The Priesthood is restored. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Your friend and servant,
Elder Dredge










No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, 8 July 2019 ~ Week #102

HELLO EVERYONE!!!! This is officially the last weekly epistle that I will send on my mission! Let me just offer you all a look and how m...