Thursday, July 12, 2018

Monday, 2 July 2018 ~ Week #49

Hey folks!

 How has your week been? I almost thought I was in the States again actually, because my new area looks, well, almost exactly like over there.

I will send photos next week, due to ending an activity with my zone a bit late, but here's what I can say. Acatan is a marvelous area, and is actually the richest area in my mission. It's mostly residential areas, so it is very safe. The work is a bit hard, because we are not allowed to knock the doors of strangers in those residential areas, but we do what we can. And I have a new companion whose name is Elder Cuatetl. I just have to say, he is a stud. He is from Puebla Mexico and has 8 months in the mission, and yet works like he has a year in the mission. He is very humble and diligent, and just overall wonderful. We hit it off super well, so we are going to work wonders here in Acatan. I will report more on what goes on here in Acatan, and make sure that all the photos that would describe what it is like are sent next week.

Anyway, what I have come to find here, because of the residentials here, is that the most effective way to get the word out is to work with the members of the Church and encourage them to share the Gospel. We have a plan for them to follow each month to try out as families, and we are already seeing miracles come out of this. And so I want to share a principle out of this, because I am inspired by what feelings the members have shared with us.

I am impressed to say that sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others is indeed a way to heal. It is not just the delivery of a medication for the sick, but is also indeed the medication itself. I have a firm testimony that if we share our testimony with others, our faith in Christ can strengthen, and our testimony can grow more. The blessings of the Gospel are not just for those who live it, but for everyone who lives on this planet. The heavens are not closed, but are indeed open, and we open them when we share the love that God has for us, with our fellow men. It is a wonderful Gospel, and it is a perfect plan designed by a loving Heavenly Father. And how wonderful it is that the ways to experience the blessings of the Gospel include the very learning of it, the applying it, and the sharing it with others. And I would hope that anyone who reads these words of mine would be more willing to learn it, to apply it, and to share it with others. It is not just a perfect Gospel, but also a simple one. I would want anyone in the world to know and experience the blessings of what it is like to constantly express thanks to God, to receive in answer from God, to receive pardon from Him, to center each day on what Christ would do, to experience trials knowing that it is part of a plan, to experience a change of heart, and to do things which are hard but are what the Lord wants. I don't think there is any better way of living life than living the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that this is His Gospel, that He is the Savior and that He is the head of this wonderful Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know these things, because I have applied them, through trial and error, and I have obtained the confirmation of the Spirit that these things are true. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Have a wonderful week, folks. Always count your blessings!

Love,

Elder "Drech" (Dredge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, 8 July 2019 ~ Week #102

HELLO EVERYONE!!!! This is officially the last weekly epistle that I will send on my mission! Let me just offer you all a look and how m...